About Future Victoria
Victoria is home to a vibrant mix of residents and businesses, and in the last ten years has seen an increase in development and investment in transport to the area.
Westminster City Council have identified Victoria as an opportunity area in their revised City Plan which between 2019 and 2040 could deliver:
- At least 1,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs
- Improved integration between public transport modes
- Safeguarding of Crossrail 2 sites and consideration for the future of Victoria Coach Station
- Public realm and environmental improvements to enhance the Victoria’s capacity, legibility
and permeability, particularly for pedestrians and cyclists
- Enhanced walking routes to Pimlico, Belgravia and nearby visitor attractions
- Additional and enhanced social and community facilities
In order to effectively plan for these opportunities, Westminster City Council are in the processes of bringing forward a Place Plan for Victoria.
As part of this work, the Council is working in partnership with Victoria BID, Network Rail, the GLA, TfL, landowners and the local community to develop ‘Future Victoria’, a new concept masterplan for the area around and behind Victoria Station. An architect-led team has been commissioned to look at the area as a whole and set a framework which guides future change for the benefit of all.
The projects key aims are:
- Make the station and interchange easier to use
- Improve the quality of the streets and spaces around Victoria Station
- Set out a framework which guides good growth so that it brings benefits to the area
- Change perceptions of Victoria, making it a place that you want to go to